Saturday, March 30, 2013

Travel the Blogworld World

Here's an older photo I just came across of Max when he and I were cruisin' down Route 66...me with my broken knuckles cuz I'm a giant klutz who broke her hand/knuckles only 2 days before having to drive from Houston, Texas to St. Louis, Missouri with Max as my co-pilot to see my son. The trip was nice driving through windy roads but the hand and arm was swollen like a darn balloon and I couldn't take the anti-inflammatory or pain reducing pills cuz I was driving and had my "precious cargo" with me too! We had a great time though and Max was a perfect angel for the whole trip! It was our first big road trip together :). Thanks Roxy The Traveling Dog for the cool Blog Hop! Max likes his new PupSaver Dog Car Seat much better than this one, but this one did the trick at the time. Too bad his dog stroller was too difficult for me to manage because I planned on using it to go to more "people" type of places but we found plenty of beautiful parks along the way instead!!
       
Fishing Pier in Missouri



Max by the lake at a park in Missouri
Welcome to Oklahoma!
On a different trip but this was too cool not to share!
This is only one of the  carvings at Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island.in Georgia.
These were sooo incredible - if you ever have the chance to see them
in person - it's a MUST! Keith Jennings work there is beyond amazing!

16 comments:

  1. WOW, that nice that Max had a high seat so he could enjoy the view along the way, looks as if the trip was worth the pain!

    Your Pals The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was a hard trip on the Route66... It seems Max isn't really a fan of beer :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha..no, Max was bummer that it was rootbeer not real beer ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Long car trips can be so much fun, especially if you take the time to stop and look around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this trip was a little less stopping than I would have wanted but I didn't have a lot of time off work to go everywhere I wanted but the previous trip when we saw the Tree Spirits..THAT was amazing...we stopped EVERY and ANY where!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's like this park with nobody in it all a whole bunch of different Tree Spirits that you have to hunt for..it was something I'd read about so my daughter and I went a good deal off our trip path to see them :) and were glad we did!

      Delete
  5. Cute pics. Bummer about your hand! Owie.

    Love the pic of Max with the beer. Our last dog LOVED beer. She would always try to steal some from her daddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hand made for a little more challenge for the trip and sure couldn't talk on the cell and drive ha! But Max and I had a blast! Max was bummed that it was just rootbeer :(

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to see all of the US states at least a little of them anyway...one day :) at least I have a few of them under my belt now :)

      Delete
  7. road trips are always fun...more fun with the change of scenery...we luv the first pic... we think Max is a natural with the camera... x0x0x Vanilla Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helps when ya know that your pup is a great road tripper...we had done a few overnighters that he did good on but that was a little more major so at least now I know he'll be great to road trip with! Thanks for the compliment - Max is always got funny reactions to everything!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fun trip. I can't do massive car trips. Sometimes I'll sleep but usually I'll try and make mama very, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!